Modex is a Smart Contract Marketplace and app ecosystem that allows for easy, user-friendly access to crypto-currencies and smart contracts alike. Developers can leverage Modex to monetize their skills and offer Smart Contract solutions to end-customers and contributors. The real-world community can easily find Smart Contracts that meet real-world needs, are already audited and secure, without having to scout developers and manage one-off development projects.
All you need to do is visit modexmarket.com, click on the Register menu and provide the following data: Email Address; Full Name; Password (minimum 6 any characters, including spaces inside; space at the beginning and the end of the password is not accepted); Retyped Password.
After you have successfully registered to Modex Marketplace, please validate your email in order to login. If you experience any difficulties, contact us at contact[at]modex.tech.
Please go to modexmarket.com URL, click on the Forgot password option placed on the Login menu. You will be directed to a page where you can input the email address with which you have registered on the platform and you will soon receive a reset password link via email.
After you have successfully registered on the platform and have validated the provided email address, you have to go though the following steps:
- Log into the platform
- Click on My Account and choose the Company Profile option
- Go to CREATE COMPANY PROFILE and move to the next step
- Add the following information:
- Company Information → public data
- Financial Information → private data
- In the Company Information section, you can change the following:
- Company Name (mandatory)
- Company Email (mandatory)
- Company Logo (optional)
- Location (optional)
- No of Employees (optional)
- In the Financial Information section, you can can change the following data:
- Invoice Name (mandatory)
- Company Number (mandatory)
- Address (mandatory)
- Country (mandatory)
Don’t forget to click SAVE after every change.
You will not be able to buy smart contracts until the Modex token emission event (end of April). All smart contracts listed on the Modex platform cand only be bought with MODEX tokens. In the meantime, you will be able to “buy”, customize and deploy smart contracts that are listed as free.
In order to add a smart contract on the Modex Marketplace, you have to log into the platform and then go to the right upper corner of the screen and click on your avatar. After that, click on Add Smart Contract and go through the 3 sections:
- General Information
- Contract Code
- Publish Contract
- In General Information, you need to input the following data:
- Contract Name (mandatory)
- Categories (multiple-selection) (mandatory) → when selecting a category, you will see a count indicating the number of smart contracts published in the same category.
- Short Description (mandatory) → maximum 300 characters; this is the text displayed on the Marketplace list.
- Contract Description (mandatory) → maximum 25000 characters; the text can be formatted (bold, italic, underline, hyperlink, etc.).
- Listing Image (optional)
- Contract Pricing Options (mandatory) → both options below must be setup:
- Unlimited License → the user who buys the contract can deploy it for an unlimited number of times.
- Price per Deployment → the user who buys the contract can deploy it only once.
- The prices are set in MODEX tokens.
- In Contract Code, input the following data:
- Contract File List (mandatory)
- files can be uploaded with drag & drop OR with Open Files dialog box, where single files, entire directory or a zip can be chosen;
- files can be manually created directly on the page, by clicking Add New option; the title of the smart contract file will be set by default as “Untitled Contract File 1”;
- file maximum size: 3MB.
- Contract Code
- files can be edited by clicking on the pen-like button or by clicking on their title;
- files can be deleted from the list by clicking on edit option, then by clicking on Delete option displayed after opening the file content (because it has to be a conscious action);
- when a file is open, the code is displayed as Solidity code and not as plain text (using a tool which recognizes Solidity code words).
- Click ‘Save contract’.
- Click on PUBLISH CONTRACT to submit the smart contract for review.
You decide what price you would like to set for your smart contract once you publish it on the Modex Marketplace.
Yes, there is a fee (gas price) applicable for each sale, which will be listed on the website.
No, using the Modex platform and uploading smart contract is completely free. The only fee is the regular sale fee for each smart contract sold.
The buyer does not have access to your smart contract source code. On each purchase, based on the number of licenses acquired, the buyer will be able to customize and compile the contract and will either download the contract ABI/BIN or deploy it directly from the Modex platform.
The licensing scheme is based on the number of customization/compilations. As soon as the smart contract is customized and compiled, it can be deployed with the same variables as many times as the buyer wants.
When you add a contract, you will have to use specific parameters in your contract source code. These parameters will be presented to the buyer and will have to be completed before each compilation. The objective is to make your smart contract as customizable as possible, in order to be able to cover different requirements for as many clients as possible.
You can expose the contract variables via contract methods, but as soon as your contract is deployed it can be re-used after one compilation as many times as your buyer desires, no matter if the buyer has purchased a license with one compilation of your smart contract.
In order to make your contract customizable you have to follow the guidelines available in add contract section.
As soon as you publish one smart contract it will go in review queue. Your code will be reviewed by our specialists and, if everything looks fine, it will be published on the marketplace. In case your contract has compilation errors, does not follow correctly the customization guide or it is not secure enough, it will be rejected. Each rejection will be justified and explained to you via a rejection message. You will be able to correct your contract and resubmit it.
Based on your contract complexity, the review process can take up to 24 hours. We are developing automated tools to perform this activity, but a human code review might also be required. We are making all the efforts to have your contract reviewed as soon as possible.
Our team is continuously making efforts to improve the developers’ experience. Please check our Upcoming features for more details